Making Cold Brew Is the Coolest Thing in the Summer
Cold brew coffee is a cool and refreshing drink for the summer.
Chilled and smooth, cold coffee drinks are the number one hit when the temperatures rise. Cold brew brings endless new options to the selection of coffee drinks: it works black, white, with soda water and in other beverages including freakshakes.
Cold brew coffee is different from traditional filter coffee. It is, for example, less acidic and tastes sweeter. This makes it a great option for those with a sensitive stomach to try out – so make sure you prepare enough of it!
For everything you’ll need for making cold brew coffee, visit pauligprofessional.com.
How to make cold brew coffee
1. Insert the reusable strainer in the Toddy Commercial brewing container by stretching the rubber band around the container. Put a filter bag into the strainer with the open end facing upwards. Make sure the spigot is turned off and pointing at the container.
2. Measure 2 kg of coarse ground coffee into the filter.
3. Slowly pour 6.5 l of cool water into the open filter, making sure to saturate all the coffee grounds.
4. Tie the filter bag closed with the included string. Leave plenty of room for the coffee to move around in the filter bag, because tying the bag too tight will not allow even coffee extraction.
5. Pour another 6.5 l of water into the container. Cover the container with the lid and let brew for 14–16 hours in room temperature or in the fridge.
6. Drain the extract into storage containers suitable for coffee. If the grounds block the spigot, gently move the grounds from in front of the spigot. Store the cold brew refrigerated in sealed containers with a lid. Cold brew extract keeps for around a week in the fridge. This yields around 9 l of coffee extract.
* When preparing drinks, use one part of coffee extract and one part of milk, water or other liquid such as almond milk or coconut water.
* You can clean the strainer by soaking it in mild Puly solution for an hour. After soaking, rinse the strainer carefully with water. Clean the Toddy brewing container with Puly solution, rinse well and air dry for reuse.
Cold Brew Nitro
This summer, cold brew nitro – cold brew coffee with added nitrogen – will be available at selected summer terraces. Nitro has a velvety mouthfeel and looks like Guinness beer.